Biodanza for children is all about fun, creativity, imagination and play with movement, dance and music in a group environment.
Classes create a structured space for children and teenagers to freely express themselves and learn through movement and dance.
Benefits of Biodanza for Children and Teenagers:
- Development of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Stimulation of creativity, creative potential and expression.
- Learning to relate to others with empathy, tolerance and acceptance.
- Experiencing the regulation and healthy expression of emotions.
- Improvement in motor-coordination functioning, fitness and body-image.
Biodanza is different to formal dance as it does not have the aesthetic or pre-structured requirements of choreography.
What to expect:
Children from 2-12 years of age: The Biodanza class follows the format of an adventure theme. The facilitator leads the children to follow a story relating to the theme with different movements and dances. Session time: 30-40 minutes.
Teenagers: The Biodanza class is composed of 14-16 dances or exercises put together in a process. Simple non-competitive challenges and games within the class are utilised to engage the participants and keep their attention and interest. Session time: 60-90 minutes.
Our Biodanza for children classes are facilitated by fully accredited and supervised Biodanza teachers, Melissa McDougall & Kate Clement.
Biodanza for Children & Teenagers.... classes coming soon!
To express interest in our Biodanza classes for children and teenagers, please contact us on (03) 9687 3040.