Saturday 13/10 (12:30pm to 5:30pm) & Sunday 14/10 (9:30am to 3:30pm)- $550 per couple / book online
What You Will Learn:
· To access your natural inner resources to alleviate the fear, anxiety and tension experienced during pregnancy, labour and birth
· The practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Visualisation, which are used during pregnancy, labour, childbirth and beyond
· How can I support my partner? - Practical things to do to support your woman. How to stay relaxed. How to advocate for your birthing woman.
· How the mother's body is beautifully designed to birth her baby naturally and calmly and with the right preparation, to work with the process rather than resist it
· The importance of a mother’s beliefs and attitudes about birth and how these can be one of the major differences between a positive or negative birth experience
· Stages of labour: What happens to your body, signs to look out for, understanding the physical impact of each stage of labour and birthing positions
· The benefit of professional birth support, birth choices and today’s birth culture. How the hospital system works. How to make it work for you.
Jules Brooks has been working as a Doula and teaching Childbirth Education for over 15 years. She trained in Calmbirth 10 years ago and has taught hundreds of couples the amazing techniques.
She is the Mother of 3 teenagers who's births were her inspiration to work in birth. As a Doula she supports birthing couples in hospitals regularly, this supports her teachings as she is well informed in how to 'Calmbirth' in a hospital setting.
Jules has a background in teaching and experiential learning; her Calmbirth classes are relaxed, fun and informative.