Clinical pilates for pregnancy is designed and instructed by our pregnant osteopath, in harmony with osteopathic and obstetric principles. The exercises in our clinical pilates classes for pregnancy are designed to stretch, support and balance the connective tissue and muscles of the lower spine and pelvis that may influence the position and tone of the uterus, whilst keeping mamas body balanced, strong and pain free.
Yoga for Birth
A nurturing space to explore yoga and dance movement for birth. Yoga for birth aims to:
• Balance and free the stresses of the body through yoga, breath work, mantra and meditation
• Use mindful movement to encourage optimal fetal positioning for birth
• Embodiment practices to allow our natural calm state to arise
• Explore active birth positions, the power of the breath and qualities of qi (energy)
• Learn about women’s business in a fun, safe and down to earth environment
• Discover your body through fluid rhythmic movement
• Practice listening to your own intuition as a mother
• Connect with other mothers and create community
Keep fit in pregnancy with barre! For those who need clinical guidance- our clinical class is for you, with an emphasis on postural alignment and efficient breathing. For a fun and energetic class - try general barre. All exercises in Barre classes at Growing Bones can be adapted for pregnancy.