Pilates based exercise facilitates the development of multiple physical qualities of great importance to athletes such as precision, coordination, balance and mental clarity.
GrowingBones clinical pilates classes for athletes are offered in small groups of four, to ensure individual guidance as each athlete works toward their performance goal. Classes are designed by our Osteopath, Melissa McDougall and each class takes into consideration the current needs of each athlete on any given day.
As each class ensures individual guidance by a qualified osteopath, participants can remain confident that all exercises are suitable and beneficial for them, and if necessary, can be adapted around any injury or weakness.
Benefits of Clinical Pilates Melbourne for Athletes:
- Improved postural stability
- Improved postural balance
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Increased body awareness and therefore position in space
- Increased extensor strength (for increased power)
- Decreased rate of injury
- Reduction in pain
- Supportive to rehabilitation
- Improvements in performance through all of the above
Upcoming pilates classes and workshops for athletes:
To express interest in our pilates classes for athletes please contact us on (03) 9687 3040.