Pregnancy (Prenatal) Yoga
A nurturing space to explore yoga and dance movement for birth.
Yoga for birth aims to:
- Balance and free the stresses of the body through yoga, breath work, mantra and meditation
- Use mindful movement to encourage optimal fetal positioning for birth
- Embodiment practices to allow our natural calm state to arise
- Explore active birth positions, the power of the breath and qualities of qi (energy)
- Learn about women’s business in a fun, safe and down to earth environment
- Discover your body through fluid rhythmic movement
- Practice listening to your own intuition as a mother
- Connect with other mothers and create community
Meet our teacher, Kahmen Ceh
Kahmen is an experienced doula with a passion for exploring the mind body connection and preserving traditional midwifery practices; both practical and those that address our spiritual needs. With a background in Chinese medicine her abilities as a remedial therapist, childbirth hypnosis practitioner, yoga and dance teacher, allow her to sit confidently in the sacred space of pregnancy, birth and beyond. As a mother of two, her trust in the natural birth process and down to earth nature creates a safe and functional space for families to learn and explore. A dancer from a young age and professional on the stage later in life, it has been a natural progression for her to combine the love of yoga, movement and childbirth together. With a specific interest in esoteric and spiritual dance expressions from traditional cultures such as Africa and Brazil, Kahmen uses her knowledge and experience to creatively inspire a unique prenatal yoga experience.