Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Naturopathy & Aromatherapy
If you’re familiar with the benefits of in-person treatments you may be wondering how telehealth or virtual appointments work. In fact, apart from the absence of physical touch, it’s not that different. In fact, did you know that what you tell your practitioner at each appointment makes up 80% of your diagnosis? For example, osteopaths use their hands to help relieve physical tension and resolve postural imbalance – and with their guidance via the use of easy-to-use video conferencing, you can achieve similar positive results through simple stretching and exercise. We are currently offering the following telehealth appointments to comply with social distancing guidelines:
Before your virtual osteopathic appointment, we’ll provide you with initial guidance on how to set up the video platform. Then during the appointment…
- A detailed history of your problem will be taken over a video call
- You may be asked to try to move in certain ways to understand what movements aggravate your pain. If the appointment is for your child, we may ask to observe them feeding or playing.
- We’ll share our diagnosis and recommendations – heat or compression, rest or remaining active. For children, there may be certain things to encourage or avoid.
- We’ll then talk you through a series of stretches and exercises, using clinical reasoning to treat the problem. For children, this may be the ways you hold them or position them.
- At the end of the consultation, we’ll send you a comprehensive stretching and exercise program for you to continue with at home.
- At any time, you can contact the clinic and your osteopath will be able to speak with you on the phone to answer your questions.
- As soon as you’re able, we’d love to follow up with you in-person in the clinic – so keep in touch!
COST: $60 including 30min consult, plus home exercise program (save $35)
Telehealth physiotherapy involves consultation over a secure video platform to provide assessment, diagnosis, a treatment plan, and follow-up treatment as required. There is an extensive amount of research that supports many aspects of physiotherapy management being successful through telehealth. Treatment does not rely on hands-on intervention. Education and supervised exercise programs can help you manage:
- Pregnancy-related back and pelvic pain
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pelvic floor conditions such as bladder and bowel incontinence or urgency, vaginal prolapse and sexual pain
- Return to exercise in the postnatal period
- General ante and postnatal education
- Active birth skills
- Mastitis and blocked ducts.
- Read more about our physiotherapy consultations
If you’re unsure if your condition is suitable for telehealth assistance, please email us and we can assist you. COST: $60 including 30min consult, plus home exercise program (save $35)
Nutrition telehealth consultations can occur in a very similar way to in-person appointments, but, via video call. Here’s how it works:
- Our nutritionist Clara will send you a secure Cliniko video conferencing meeting link. All you need is a computer with a camera and microphone.
- We’ll discuss your health goals as well as any health concerns you may have both past and present, and how we can address them with nutritional medicine.
- You’ll receive a detailed and realistic treatment plan to help you reach your goals including dietary and lifestyle changes and if indicated sometimes a nutrient supplement prescription.
- Read more about our nutrition consultations.
COST: Initial consultation- 90 min $150 (save $10), subsequent- 60 min $90 (save $10)
An online naturopathic consult works almost identically to a face-to-face appointment, one with the exception of iris, tongue and nail analysis and physical assessments like blood pressure and zinc tally testing. However, Renee may ask you to send photos of your nails and tongue and blood tests for further analysis.
- During your online consult, Renee will take a detailed history of your health concern and gather information about current medications, diet, and relevant body systems.
- Your comprehensive treatment plan detailing dietary and lifestyle advice will be sent via email with any recommended herbs and nutrients/supplements prescribed delivered to your home via post.
- For return clients, I will review and assess your health concern, discuss and action health goals and gather further information about relevant body systems.
NOTE: Acute consults are primarily intended for the symptomatic relief of acute illnesses or symptoms such as cold, flu, gastro, infection (sinus, ear etc), migraine and period pain. This is a shorter consult where Renee will gather information about your symptoms and tailor a treatment plan that may include nutrients and/or herbal tinctures for symptomatic relief. Read more about our naturopathic consultations. COST: Initial consultation- 60 min $160 (save $10), subsequent- 30 min $85 (save $10)
In place of a face-to-face consultation and massage treatments, Sonya can provide aromatherapy consultation via phone or Skype. A thorough consultation is taken to determine your physical and psychological health to ensure essential oil treatments can be prescribed specifically to your needs. Personal massage techniques and lifestyle measures that could be beneficial can also be discussed. Sonya can also provide guidance if you have a selection of essential oils at home but are unsure about the most appropriate ways to use them. Personalised aromatic remedies can be employed to treat many health complaints and enhance well-being. Aromatic treatments may be beneficial for:
- Colds & flu, immune support, gastrointestinal disorders
- Pregnancy-related issues such as morning sickness, muscular aches, carpal tunnel, skin changes, fluid retention, etc.
- Birth preparation and support through labor
- Postnatal support including breastfeeding problems
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Physical and emotional ailments of babies and children
- Read more about our aromatherapy consultations.
Learn Baby Massage: Telehealth Virtual Appointments
- Are you a new parent looking for a fun, but beneficial, exercise to do with your baby?
- Would you like to learn some skills to help settle your baby or help relieve their wind pain?
- Are you expecting a baby and keen to implement some baby massage as soon as possible?
Baby massage is a wonderful skill parents can add to their toolbox, which can be utilised throughout their child’s life. Correct stroke techniques and timing are vitally important to achieve the many benefits of baby massage.
Sonya is now offering online baby massage classes via secure video conferencing. Bookings can be made via our online booking system.
Sonya will contact you with a link to join the class, at your chosen time, in the comfort of your own home. Please choose between the following options:
INTRODUCTORY SESSION: 60MINS In this session you will be introduced to some of the basic massage techniques, how to recognise babies’ cues telling us whether they do or don’t want massage, contraindications and appropriate oils to use. Cost: $85 Notes will be emailed to participant prior to class Introductory class is also relevant for parents-to-be (includes $20 discount voucher to use towards full course once baby is born)
BABY MASSAGE COURSE: 3 X 60MIN SESSIONS This course covers the full sequence of baby massage, taught in stages so you can practise in between classes. It also includes discussion on the many benefits of baby massage, when to massage, contraindications, strokes for relief of colic, constipation and wind, lymphatic exercises, appropriate oils to use and how massage changes as babies grow and develop. Cost: $195 Course bookings include 125ml bottle organic massage oil & a parent manual (total value $46). This will be posted to participant prior to class.
GROUP BOOKINGS: maximum 3 families This can be a great “virtual” way to connect with your parents’ group or friends, whilst learning a new skill to benefit the whole family. To organise a group booking, please email us at email@example.com
An Osteo's advice on caring for your body
National Recommendations for Weekly Exercise: – accumulate 150-300 minutes (2½-5 hours) of moderate intensity physical activity (ie, you can talk but not sing), OR– 75-150 minutes…
By Lauren Clarke – physiotherapist who works with pelvic floor and lactation concerns. Why is exercise important after giving birth? o Helps muscles affected by pregnancy…